Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ultrasound #5 & Bloodwork Appointment

Dr. Lee did my ultrasound today.  He was warm and friendly and communicated what he was seeing pretty well.  Unfortunately, he didn't think I was ready for the trigger shot, so I will be going back in tomorrow morning for another ultrasound.  My estradiol level was over 2,000 today, which is good--still climbing, which is what they want to see.

One thing I thought was odd about this ultrasound compared with the others is that the sizes of the follicles seemed to be smaller today . . . maybe it's just in how each doctor chooses to measure them.  They use the mouse to draw lines across each follicle at the widest and longest points, but maybe some docs measure more to the outside of the follicles and some measure more to the inside.

Another thing that was odd is that yesterday I had 11 follicles that Dr. Patton measured (I copied their sizes down from the computer after I got dressed), and today Dr. Lee said he saw 10 (!) on the right and 7 on the left.  Dang!  Seventeen follicles is a number I didn't think I would reach!  I'm wondering if they were all there yesterday, but Dr. Patton just didn't count them if some were on the small side.  The smallest one I heard Dr. Lee measure today was 9mm, so maybe by the time of the retrieval (hopefully Sunday now), the egg inside will be mature.

We did more injections tonight and had no trouble with the Ganirelix (yay!), so I'm praying that tomorrow we get the green light to trigger.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment