Saturday, July 9, 2011

11 Weeks for Eileen

I met Eileen for lunch today after my acupuncture appointment (which was wonderful, as I knew it would be), and we spent a couple of hours catching up at the Ling Garden in northwest Portland.  She is eleven weeks along as of yesterday (!) and was kind enough to share her experience with IVF with me in more detail, giving me the pep talk I needed as we begin the injectables next week.  I am grateful to have her as a resource, because even though I'm sure our experiences won't be entirely the same, we share a similar medical history and as those of you who read this blog regularly know, both of us have been supplementing our fertility with acupuncture, herbs, etc.  She told me about some yoga positions that were recommended to her while she was doing her IVF cycle and you can be sure I will be doing them too during mine.  :) 

I'm feeling more confident today and I know I owe much of that feeling to Eileen.  Just knowing that she was able to do the injections, juggle the appointments with work and home life and be successful helps enormously.  Once again, I am grateful.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment