Monday, August 1, 2011

Four New Little Lives Growing

Today we found out that we have four embryos--four embryos!  They are growing right now as we speak in the lab at OHSU and on Wednesday, two of them will be transferred into my womb. 

I'm not going to pretend that I wasn't disappointed that we didn't get more embryos when yesterday we were fortunate enough to get so many eggs . . . I was.  But a lot of that disappointment is tied to fear that since there are a smaller number of embryos, our chances are smaller, and I don't want to feed that fear. 

What I am trying very hard to focus on now are the four new little lives that are part me and part Michael--and on what Lindsey just reminded me--they are four embryos we did not have a month ago, a week ago, two days ago.  We are closer now to our baby(ies) than we have ever been.

And for that I am grateful. 

Thank you for keeping all of us in your thoughts and prayers.  <3  <3  <3 <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment