Monday, March 5, 2012

Birth Necklace From Kathleen

A few weeks ago now, I received a package in the mail from Tennesssee and my sweet friend, Kathleen.  I was her doula at the birth of her son, Jackson, who will be FOUR years old in April.  I absolutely cannot believe it has already been four years since that magical night when he made his appearance into the world. 

On a side note, I was thinking the other day how funny it is that she was due, and I am due in April . . . we must both have been destined to have spring babies.  :)

Anyway, I got this package from Kathleen and inside it was a really beautiful necklace that reminds me of what a "birth necklace" might look like.  Of course, right now I have no idea if I will want any jewelry (or clothing) whatsoever while I'm in labor, but when I picture myself in the tub, I can see myself wearing this necklace.


For now, I am wearing it while I am not in labor and every time I put it on, I smile.  It reminds me that I am strong, that my body is made to give birth, that I have courage and resources deep within me that I have not even tapped as of yet.

Many thanks, Kathleen.  I love it and I love you.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment