Friday, March 30, 2012

GBS Test is Negative!!!

And I am oh-so-relieved.  :)  I didn't want to have to make a decision about whether or not to have IV antibiotics during labor, which would have meant a hospital birth for sure.  As much as I have worried about this baby throughout the pregnancy, I am pretty sure I would have opted for the antibiotics, but now I don't have to!!! 

Dr. Stempel said the baby is still head down (yay!) and my cervix is thinning a bit, but is still very much closed.  Sunday we will be at 37 weeks and he will officially be full-term.  You cannot imagine my relief at getting this far and not having any more problems . . . and I am grateful.

My blood pressure was up just a bit today (100/60), and my weight was up to 150 by their scale.  It will be interesting to see what the Andaluz scale tells me when I see Dana on Tuesday. 

Michael doesn't know this yet, but he has Monday off.  :)  I arranged it with our boss before I went on maternity leave, thinking that I would plan a little out-of-town "babymoon" for us to celebrate hitting the 37-week mark.  I looked at some cute bed and breakfasts in McMinnville, then decided to just make it a "staycation" instead.  It seemed to be the most practical and economcal choice . . . we can rent a bunch of Redbox movies and just chill at home.  The best part will be the look on Michael's face when I tell him he doesn't have to work on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment