Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Surprise in the Mail

When I got home from work today, I was excited to see a small padded envelope waiting for me. About two and a half weeks ago, I ordered some "fertility drops" from a woman who makes custom essential oil blends for just about every health condition under the sun. When I found out that she had a blend to increase fertility, I was skeptical for about 30 seconds, then decided that I have nothing to lose, really. Since I'm going to give natural medicine my all, I might as well go for it! :)

If I hadn't heard from the woman by the weekend, I was going to email her to see how the blend was coming along and to make sure she hadn't forgotten me; when I saw the small package waiting for me on our kitchen table, I knew exactly what it was! A note tucked inside the envelope said "Happy baby-making!" which I thought was sweet. I had to laugh at the label on the bottle as well: "Fertility Serum (make babies)." I'm not sure what other kind of purpose a fertility serum would have, but I guess as the maker of the product, you have to be extra-clear. :)

The ingredients are: organic jojoba oil and pure essential oils of Geranium, Clary Sage and Anise. The instructions are: Put 2 drops on wrists and rub together; 3 drops around entire ankle area and 3 drops onto low back, 2x/day.

I am SO excited to begin using the serum, but I don't know when I should start. Part of me feels like I should wait until I begin the Chinese medicine program so that everything is working together--and the other part of me wants to get a head start with these oils.

One thing is sure--I'll be exuding an aroma of some sort. Hope it's a good one! :)

2 comments:

  1. Slather that stuff on girlfriend. There is no time like the present!

    xo,

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Cool. I say go ahead and start and then just mention that you're doing it when you are at the retreat.

    And that combination of scents sounds great -- I'm sure you'll smell lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete