Saturday, April 17, 2010

News From The Doctor--Finally!

It only took 3 weeks and 2 phone calls to the doctor's office (!) but I did finally hear back yesterday about my ultrasound and blood test results. The doctor said there were some cysts (as I already knew) and that one could be incorporating one of my fallopian tubes, which could certainly make it difficult for an egg to get through. Her recommendation was the hysterosalpingogram test in which dye is injected through the cervix and shows if the path through the uterus and fallopian tubes is open. She also asked if I was going to schedule a consult with the doctors at Oregon Reproductive Medicine and I told her that I'm going to begin a Chinese medicine & acupuncture program and will wait to see if the condition can be resolved that way before doing any more tests or starting ART (assisted reproductive technology) treatments.

As for my bloodwork, she said it all looked fine except for my Vitamin D level which appears to be very low. It was low when my naturopath checked it two or three years ago, and I took a supplement for awhile, then just stopped--I can't even remember the reason why now. It was probably when I got frustrated with all of the supplements I was taking and decided to take a break. So I'll need to get myself back on that again at least until I've been following Dr. Randine's recommendations for at least 3 months--that's the minimum length of time she recommends for following an individualized Chinese medicine treatment plan. In The Infertility Cure, she says that the purpose of Chinese medicine is to bring the body back into a state of balance so that all systems are functioning normally and supplements are no longer needed. I love this concept--that my body isn't deficient in any way, but has just gotten off track and needs some gentle guidance to resume its natural functions. Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment