Thursday, February 23, 2012

Visit with Eileen and Sam

Catching up on blog posts; I wrote this draft on 02-08-12.

Saturday I got to spend about four hours chatting and relaxing with Eileen and her new baby, Sam.  It was so nice to catch up with her (neither of us could believe it had been almost 2 months since I'd last seen her, which was at her baby shower in December). 
Her little boy is so small and so sweet.  It always surprises me just how little newborns are, and I don't have a lot of experience with them so I am usually wary of holding them.  I feel much more comfortable when they are 6 months of age and up and can at least control those floppy necks and heads more.  ;)  I did hold Sam, though, and was surprised at how much more solid he seemed in my hands than when I was just watching him with Eileen.  It makes me feel a little more confident about holding and caring for my own newborn very shortly now.  And Eileen said it's completely different when it's your own baby . . . I have heard this many times before, so I can only assume it's true.  :)

I remembered to bring my camera with me to our meeting, but then forgot to take pictures until right before it was time for me to leave.  I decided to leave the picture-taking to our next visit, which hopefully won't be too long.  We are, as I discovered on my drive to Eileen's house, fairly close neighbors, living within about eight miles of one another.  I think we are both looking forward to many visits and playdates in the coming months.  I'm so looking forward to our little ones being buddies together.

No comments:

Post a Comment