Saturday, October 23, 2010

Blood Test Done!

I'm happy to report that we got in bright and early this morning for Michael's blood test. I was a little worried because yesterday I had gone online to try and reserve an appointment, but found that although the lab hours stated it was open on Saturday, there was no online scheduling option for that day. Weird.

We decided to just drive over since we needed to go run some other errands anyway, and were happy to discover that the lab was indeed open and better still, that there was no line. The lab tech took him back to collect his blood and it took all of about 3 minutes. Michael laughed when he came back to the lobby and saw my surprised face. "I bleed fast," he said.

I think that today, both of us feel better than we have since getting his initial test results about the low sperm count. I can't speak for him, but for me, the past few days have been a long, steep free-fall on the downhill portion of this roller coaster that is our journey--I think I've felt most of the "negative" emotions, sometimes all at once (anger, guilt, sadness, hopelessness, despair, etc). Only now am I beginning to feel optimistic again. We seem to be climbing once more in an upward direction as we discuss options and even crack jokes about using "cool packs" for Michael to lower his temperature and provide a nice, chill environment for those little sperm to mature.

It feels good to feel like at least we are in this together. And maybe right now, that is the most important thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment