Thursday, June 17, 2010

So Far, So Good!

I am on the third day of drinking my herbal tea packets and I am very happy to inform you all that so far everything has stayed in my stomach where it belongs. :) I've developed a routine for taking the packets, since they have to be taken either 30 min before food or an hour after: I drink 1 packet in the morning right before I leave the house for work and then drink another one before I leave work around 6:30pm. That way I have breakfast and dinner to take the aftertaste of the herbs away. I keep them refrigerated and put the packet in very hot water for about 30 seconds to warm it up a bit before I drink it. The trick to keep from feeling queasy is to plug my nose so I can't smell it as I drink it, and then I take little sips until it's gone. I guzzled the first packet and knew immediately afterward that that was not a good idea. :) But all in all, the herbs are much, much, much easier to take than I thought they would be. I can't figure out how to describe the taste . . . it's not at all sweet, but not really bitter either. I asked Michael if he thought I would eventually get used to it and he said yes . . . the same thing happened a few years ago when I was taking a naturopathic supplement called Estrium to help regulate my cycle. It was a powder that I mixed with juice and it didn't taste good at all. I had to plug my nose then too, to get it down, but eventually, I got used to it and it didn't bother me much at all.

We'll see, I guess. I'm just happy that I can handle them! Randine talked about how difficult it was for her when she took herbs to help her conceive and how she couldn't keep them down, so I was expecting a similar experience. Glad to be wrong this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment