Monday, June 14, 2010

The Herbs Have Arrived!

I ordered my first shipment of herbs last week from the supplier recommended by The Fertile Soul, Fat Turtle Herb Company. I was expecting them to arrive last Friday and even had my friend check at the house over the weekend while Michael and I were in Seattle, so that my precious cargo could be brought safely inside right away. But it wasn't until today that UPS made a stop at our house. I got a text from Michael while I was at work: You got a big box of HERB. ;) Nice.

When I got home, he said how surprised he was by the weight of the box. He thought I was expecting dried herbs. I explained that I ordered the pre-cooked teas, which come in convenient vacuum-sealed bags, in measured doses. My other choice would have been to buy the dry herbs and then spend 40 minutes a day (every day) boiling them. What with work and my commute, I decided to fork over the extra money and enjoy the pre-made teas. The box contained 4 paper bags full of tea packets. There are enough doses for 1 month's cycle, drinking 1 pouch of tea in the morning and 1 in the evening. The first 2 weeks during the follicular phase, I will drink a formula created for my by The Fertile Soul, based off of the diagnosis I received while at the retreat. The second 2 weeks of my cycle, during the luteal phase, I will drink a different formula, again based on my individual diagnosis. After 1-3 months, the Fertile Soul will review my case and see if my formula needs to be adjusted. I am excited!!!

I decided to start them tomorrow morning and see how I do . . . my biggest fear is not being able to keep them down. Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment