Friday, June 18, 2010

Exciting News!

Yesterday I noticed something that seems pretty significant and tells me that what I am doing so far is working to help my body heal! (I am SUPER excited about it!)

Chinese medicine practitioners often look at a person's tongue as part of the diagnostic / evaluation process before treatment. In massage school, one of our instructors was a naturopathic doctor and also an acupuncturist and he told us that if the veins under the tongue are swollen it's a sign of blood stasis--not an ideal condition for the body to be working at its maximum potential.

I've checked underneath my tongue periodically since then and I've always seen engorged, thick veins . . . until yesterday! I was getting ready for work and had just finished brushing my teeth when I thought about those veins and wondered if I would see a difference yet. I was absolutely floored when I curled my tongue up and saw small, narrow veins snaking underneath. Success! This one small change in my body has boosted my morale tremendously. I don't know if it's from the herbal pouches or the other supplements I am taking that were recommended by the Fertile Soul, (or a combination), but I don't care. The blood stasis (a symptom of endometriosis) is resolving and I couldn't be happier about it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on all of your posts. That is SO awesome, Amy!

    ReplyDelete