Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Off to The Fertile Soul Foundations Retreat!!

Tomorrow morning, my mom and I will be lifting off at 8:30am PDT on our way to Asheville, North Carolina!! We change planes in Phoenix and then again in Charlotte, before touching down in Asheville at 8:42pm EDT . . . a very long day, indeed! :) But I will be high on the adrenaline of seeing my friends Kathleen and Matthew (and Jackson!) after almost one year apart! They are going to host my mom and me until Friday and then we'll check in to our lovely inn and the retreat will begin.

I always get excited when I am traveling, but even more so the past couple of days, as I have been anticipating what changes this weekend may hold for me. When I left work today, I grabbed a little slip of paper that has been living under my computer monitor for the past several months. It's full of names--mostly first and middle girl names that I like. There's really only one boy name that Michael and I have been able to agree on, so I sure hope our first baby is a girl, or I am going to have to get some baby name books pronto! He will probably veto most of the names I have picked out, but that's okay. We can figure that out later. To me, this piece of paper represents possibility, and I thought about that as I carefully clipped it to the rest of my Fertile Soul paperwork. Bringing my list of names with me to the retreat highlights my intention that this baby come to be.

And . . . I had another surprise in my mailbox today: The Way of the Fertile Soul written by Randine and on my list of books to get--thank you so much, Christi! :) I can't wait to start reading it on the plane and hopefully have her sign it at the retreat.

More news soon!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh good! I'm so glad it got there before you left. Was the other book in the same package?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christi, you are so sweet to have gotten both books for me--thank you! The other one has not yet arrived, but I am on the lookout for it! I forgot to tell you when we met for lunch, but I did get to have Randine sign "The Way of the Fertile Soul." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay -- I'm glad she signed it!

    ReplyDelete