Monday, January 9, 2012

Eileen's Baby is Here!

I've been thinking a lot about Eileen the past couple days.  Yesterday I emailed her and was going to call to see how she's been feeling, but I didn't get around to it.  Then, when I got home from work today, I had a text message from her . . . her baby was born this morning at 10:55am!!

His name is Samuel Wesley and he was 6lbs, 13oz and 21 inches long.  He is tall for being 3 weeks early!  :) 

I haven't spoken with Eileen yet (giving her some time to rest and bond with her new little one), but I am so looking forward to seeing her and sweet Samuel. 

While I was having dinner earlier, I was thinking about the day I posted that her eggs had been fertilized and were at the lab at OHSU growing . . . what a miracle the journey from that day to this has been.

My heart is truly overflowing for her tonight.  Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts for Eileen and her family.  I know (and she has said she is sure too) that your good energy and wishes helped her as she made her way through IVF and all that uncertainty to where she is tonight with her baby in her arms.

Warmest welcome, little Samuel Wesley.  We are so glad you are here.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment