Wednesday, October 5, 2011

11 Weeks and the Last Injection

Monday we hit the eleven week mark in our pregnancy.  I'm definitely feeling more confident that this little love is going to be with us for a long time to come.  Our next appointment with Dr. Stempel is next Tuesday and we will get to hear our baby's heartbeat . . . I know I'll feel even better after that.

Morning sickness has been visiting me off and on quite a bit this past week, which doesn't feel good in the moment, but which always gives me a certain sense of affirmation that the baby is doing just fine.  I like to think of it as a little message from him or her saying that everything's going well and not to worry.

Our other big news is that last Friday was my very last progesterone injection.  I think Michael was maybe even more excited about it than I was.  :)  I know he's felt bad about giving me the shots when they've caused pain.  It's hard to believe that I have been taking progesterone for just over two months now, but I started the shots right after our retrieval at the beginning of August . . . it's funny what you get used to.  I can't say I'll miss them, that's for sure, and I am definitely looking forward to feeling better not having so much progesterone in my body.  One of the worst side effects has been really horrible constipation about every other day (sorry if too much info).  I've heard from Eileen and another woman she met who is now pregnant with her second IVF baby that being on the synthetic progesterone so long really does cause digestive problems.  Here's hoping it gets better soon!  Also hoping that I will feel more on an even keel emotionally now that I won't be getting any more shots.  I'm still expecting to have some hormonal craziness just from being pregnant, but hopefully it won't be quite so strong.

That's the update--I'll let you know how next Tuesday's appointment goes.  In terms of how I look, I'd say that my tummy is really beginning to pooch out noticeably.  I heard yesterday that one of the girls in my building at work noticed my little bump and asked a mutual friend if I am pregnant . . .  :)  I'll have to get Michael to take my picture soon so you can see.

Thank you for your continued prayers and good thoughts for us.  I know I've been kind of quiet lately and have been delayed in getting back to some of you who have written or called, but please know that I feel the good energy and love you are sending. 

And I am grateful.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment